Have you ever seen qipao? Have you ever seen a picture of beautiful Chinese women wearing qipao? In general, qipao is known for its luscious silk and graceful image. Chinese women will wear qipao in some special occasions.
In general, qipao is suitable for all occasions, although it seems very exotic to Western girls. You can wear qipao to work, to attend weddings, to party and every other kind of occasion you can think of if you travel to the Orient. Therefore, you will stand out at your next party if you are wearing qipao, for most girls won’t think to wear it in the West.
Qipao would probably win the prize of the classiest, sexiest and most difficult to wear among all the dresses in the world. Wearing a qipao not only is wearing a regular dress but also carries a world of exoticism and history.
However, we must admit that qipao won’t fit everybody. Although you don’t need to be a model, you must have a slim yet feminine body shape. However, you will be remembered for a while if you do manage to wear it well. People always remember a woman in a qipao.
- Red, color of happiness and luck, is the traditional color for weddings and the Chinese New Year.
- Black, color of heaven, is used in funerals.
- White represents purity. But, it is also the color for mourning.
- Blue symbolizes immortality. But, dark blue is used in funerals.
- Green is considered as the color of prosperity and harmony.
- Yellow symbolizes gold. Yellow is the most beautiful color in the Chinese tradition. Yellow is frequently associated with red. It means power and freedom.
- Long qipao will appear very sophisticated. It is suitable for evening receptions, weddings, and prom nights.
- Shorter qipao can be worn at daytime, for a dinner with friends, for a fancy date or even at work.
In old times, qipao is featured with traditional flowers, birds and dragons. But now, we can see more modern styles appearing. Some even feature very psychedelic designs and colors, which is suitable for all occasions!
Every woman should try ─ if only once ─ wearing those fantastic dresses. When men see a woman in a qipao, they can’t help but stare. It’s the only dress that they would like off a woman. However, they won’t dare touch because a woman wearing qipao is just beautiful.
- Charm of Traditional Chinese Dress – Cheongsam/ Qipao
- Cheongsam and Traditional Chinese Costumes
- Qipao Is The Most Typical & Traditional Costumes for Chinese Women
- The Eternal Elegance of Oriental Cheongsam (Qipao)
- A Brief Introduction to Cheongsam Qipao Chinese Dress
- How to Do Makeup for a Chinese Costume Party
- Cheongsam: From the Qing Dynasty to the Present
- Why Call Cheongsam Qipao “Chinese Dress”
- All You Need to Know About Qipao Bridal Couture