Want to do some fun craft projects with your children together? Here, you can try making a kimono from old white T-shirt. This simple project can encourage your child’s creativity. When it’s finished, kids can show their new customized kimonos to their friends.
Steps to Make a Kimono from a T-shirt
- Place T-shirt flat on a work surface.
- Cut a straight line down the front of the T-shirt from the bottom of the V-neck.
- Trim a fusible interface to the length of the T-shirt. Place it vertically in front of the shirt about 1 inch from the cut you made. Fold one inch of fabric at the interface. Use an iron to attach interfacing to the old T-shirt.
- For the other side, please repeat step 3.
- Use fabric markers to decorate the kimono with patterns or pictures.
- Tie a strip of extra fabric around the kimono to close it.