There are 56 ethnic groups in China. Different group has different types of clothes. However, when it comes to Chinese fashion, Westerners will firstly think of Qipao also called Cheongsam. Qipao has a high neckline fastened with decorative clasps.
- Find the pattern you wish to use from online or local craft shop.
- Purchase fabric, and any additional fixtures like zippers or buttons.
- Cut the pattern according to the instructions.
- Fix the paper to the fabric.
- Cut fabric and leave two and six fabric pieces between the pattern you painted and the actual edge of the dress.
- Sew the panels together according to instruction.
- Use the bias belt to complete the edges, and then baste and topstitch at the bias.
- Sew the hems of piece to hold them closed.
- Attach braided enclosures and other fixtures.
- All You Need to Know About Qipao Bridal Couture
- How to Make Cheongsam Qipao Chinese Dress
- Special Occasions: How to Choose the Perfect Dress
- The Origin of Cheongsam Qipao Chinese Dress
- The Eternal Elegance of Oriental Cheongsam (Qipao)
- Cheongsam: From the Qing Dynasty to the Present
- A Brief Introduction to Cheongsam Qipao Chinese Dress
- The Style And Structure of Cheongsam Qipao