It has great differences from the traditional qipao.
The original qipao was wide and loose, and covered most of the woman’s body.
Cheongsam is designed to be sleek and flattering to the female body. Cheongsam is simple and elegant because of its material, pattern and feminine design. There are no two cheongsams which are the same in the world, for no two women are built the same.
Steps to Wear a Cheongsam
- Put your Cheongsam over your shoulders, like a jacket.
- Apply the right arm through the right sleeve, and keep the open side facing outward.
- Bring the dress around from behind.
- Let the left arm through the left sleeve.
- Secure the button or tie to the neck.
- Position the rest of the dress so that it is in line.
- Adjust your dress as needed. Remember that the tie or the bottom of the dress is typically at the hip or waist.
- Fix the rest of the buttons or ribbons along the right side.
- Bring the rest of the dress together.
- Turn and maneuver Cheongsam to fit the body.
- The Evolution & Growth of Oriental Cheongsam Dresses
- The Evolution of Cheongsam Qipao
- The Eternal Elegance of Oriental Cheongsam (Qipao)
- Be Standout In the Crowd With Cheongsam Qipao
- A Brief Introduction to Cheongsam Qipao Chinese Dress
- The Origin of Cheongsam Qipao Chinese Dress
- Special Occasions: How to Choose the Perfect Dress
- All You Need to Know About Qipao Bridal Couture