Although Manchu Empire has been overthrown at the beginning of the 1910’s, the Cheongsam dress survived the political change.
Both Manchurian and Han women preferred the cheongsam dress in the early 20’s. During the end of the 20th century, influenced by the designs of the outside world, cheongsam became much shorter in length while the waist had been refurbished to become far more fit to the body shape. It appropriately expresses the charm as well as peacefulness of far eastern loveliness.
It was definitely a new kind of revolution in China. Ladies began to exhibit their arms and legs when wearing qipao. However, they were originally banned to reveal their feet in old times. Therefore, older people were angry about it. Some rulers concluded that cheongsam dress and nude models poisoned the civilization.
But that didn’t stop women of all ages from keeping beauty. Qipao dress was highly regarded by performers, actresses and socialite. It had become the Chinese ladies’ daily attire for many years.
Qipao gown has slowly and gradually exited Chinese people’s way of life since the 50s. It was considered as symbolizing an obsolete philosophy. Before this Chinese art almost faded within historical past, it went on for almost 50 years.
Far eastern women’s dressing style is becoming westernized during the past dozens of years. And western type outfit has become a mainstream.
However, in more recent years, qipao is coming back. More and more people, especially the younger, like wearing qipao dress today. Actually, the cheongsam gown business is blooming in China.
Adult females often commonly tend to possess tailored cheongsam dress although qipao are offered just about everywhere, for they simply reckon that these kinds of attire stand not just for tradition moreover beauty.
- It is definitely a complete artwork of making qipao attire. After seeing a client, the cheongsam masters take measures, pick out material and additionally make a decision on the design with respect to the woman’s own taste.
- The first step is choosing material. It is recommended to choose soft silk. After decades of heading downward, material stores along with the resurgence of the qipao gown art are welcoming its hey-days today. Sometimes, some cheongsam costume even purchase distinctive materials for their own use to allow them to design outstanding qipao gowns. Before seeking ideal material, you can consult a trained qipao tailor who definitely will deliver a wonderful tailor made support. Depending on the customer’s requirement for layout, beads as well as embroidery, the cost may vary from 50 to 6000 dollars.
- As constantly ethnical focus of Northern China, Peking had been the center for cheongsam gown making in the old days. Several renowned cheongsam tailors worked in Peking more than 50 years backwards. However, over time, most of them leaved the industry. Fortunately, Mr. Cao Senlin is still designing qipaos. His tiny but rather legendary workshop had been indexed by The China Traveling Handbook available for International Travelers and tourists.
- Cheng-Gui Yang, a master designer and tailor of cheongsam, learned his skills from his father. He became the first Chinese within the school’s history to teach the skill of making cheongsam after he studied in the Academia of vogue and Style in Japan. Mr. Yang felt that he had the responsibility to bring to an end the decline of this exceptional artistic creation in Mainland China. He enrolled students from all over the nation, and wrote two descriptive guides regarding how to make a qipao. To make qipao gown better match consumers, he is planning to collect and study various figure information by designing computer program. He wishes that the government can encourage ladies to dress in qipao attire on a certain day to celebrate this kind of conventional culture.
Shanghai, the fashion capital of China, is considered as the location of creation of the cheongsam dress. Most of women in Shanghai wear qipao since this dress makes them look elegant.
- The Origin of Cheongsam Qipao Chinese Dress
- The Style And Structure of Cheongsam Qipao
- Qipao Is The Most Typical & Traditional Costumes for Chinese Women
- Why Call Cheongsam Qipao “Chinese Dress”
- A Brief Introduction to Cheongsam Qipao Chinese Dress
- All You Need to Know About Qipao Bridal Couture
- The Evolution of Cheongsam Qipao
- Cheongsam: From the Qing Dynasty to the Present
- Charm of Traditional Chinese Dress – Cheongsam/ Qipao