Chinese women like wearing the Oriental Cheongsam. This traditional dress, also known as qipao, had popularized during the Qing Dynasty.
The Cheongsam evolved over time. In old times, Cheongsam was just a baggy long dress that covered the body from neck to feet. Now, Cheongsam fit the modern taste of people. In general, it is specially designed to show the natural female form that is practical yet sexy.
The Oriental Cheongsam has a gentle and elegant appearance just like the temperament of a Chinese woman. Wearing this Chinese dress can greatly enhance the beauty and fascination of the person wearing it.
The classic style of Cheongsam is tailored with attention to functionality. Besides, it allows less restrictive comfort because of its modern touch in its design. You can wear the Cheongsam with a cape, scarf or jacket in daily life. Of course, you can wear qipao to business meetings and even formal gatherings.
Today, Oriental Cheongsam is popular not only in China but also in every part of the world. Even Hollywood actress wore a colorful, stylish and sleek qipao while out at a movie. Some Chinese waitresses and Airlines wear qipao as a uniform to show their love for the traditional Chinese culture.
Cheongsam is so fashionable, therefore is worn by other races as well. The long length qipao has been redesigned into a shorter length Cheongsam dress due to the varying trends in the fashion industry and popular demand.
It is recommended to choose the right one that fits your body comfortably. Regardless of your character’s race and class, you can wear Cheongsam.
- Similar Yet Different: Chinese and Japanese Traditional Clothing
- How to Make a Kimono Out of Bed Sheets
- Shanghai Qipao Cheongsam Chinese Dress History and Characteristics
- The Definition of Cheongsam Qipao Chinese Dress
- DIY Cheongsam Qipao Sewing Tutorial
- Shanghai, the Origin Of Modern Chinese Cheongsam Dresses
- Types and Characteristics of Traditional Chinese Clothing
- Etiquette For Guests At A Japanese Tea Ceremony